McCann Health Medical Communications is a group of leading global medical communications agencies. We work on some of the most innovative global healthcare products and pride ourselves on our long term relationships with some of the world’s top pharmaceutical companies. This is great opportunity for someone to be able to develop good all round skills required in a finance role within a progressive finance team supporting a worldwide network of agencies and clients.
Reporting into the Client Finance Analyst, this person will be aligned to the finance team, with a role spanning a number of the McCann Health agencies.
The role is to support McCann Health with their integrated agency business with key clients and to provide a link between internal finance and Client Services team
As such, a key part of the role will be supporting project finances across the agency teams ensuring recording of key project information for audit requirements and processing of costing transactions
The candidate will need to be able to work proactively to ensure all project approvals meet audit requirements. The candidate will also need to have an ability to build strong relationships with client service teams to ensure they are providing the required information in a timely manner.
Key responsibilities include:
• Timely collection, review and storage of budget approvals for all confirmed projects.
• Liaison with internal and external audit providing project information in line with the selected sample.
• Checking batched timesheet transactions for accuracy before posting to the costing ledger.
• Processing of transaction amendments between projects, ensuring that relevant authorisation and supporting paperwork is recorded.
• Manual inputting onto costing ledgers of miscellaneous ad-hoc spend on printing, production, and stationery items.
• Support with the financial training across the group sharing information and best practices, to help increase financial awareness of all staff.
• Assisting the Client Finance team with ad hoc reporting.
• Extremely well organised with a strong attention to detail
• Financial acumen and strong numeracy/accounting skills
• Competent in the use of Excel (intermediate level ability as a minimum)
• Able to work independently
• Ability to build strong relationships with internal staff
• Excellent time management to meet financial/reporting deadlines
If you enjoy working as part of a team and have a “can do” attitude, we would like to hear from you. We offer a great benefits package, a flexible working culture and a commitment to career development.