McCann Health Medical Communications is a group of leading global medical communications agencies. We work on some of the most innovative global healthcare products and pride ourselves on our long-term relationships with some of the world’s top pharmaceutical companies.
We are looking to recruit an ambitious Client Finance Analyst who will join an established and progressive Finance team supporting a global network of agencies and clients.
Is this you?
You will be a qualified/part qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with a strong commercial and financial background who can confidently communicate with various stakeholders. You must be able to demonstrate the ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure and manage the different aspects that this role will bring. It is essential that you are a self-motivated individual with strong excel skills who takes pride in your work. You will be an individual who pays great attention to detail, can provide accurate and timely management information and provide a commercial insight and guidance on financial aspects which are consistent with group expectations.
What will the role entail?
Reporting to the Senior Client Finance Manager, you will primarily be involved in managing and being responsible for one of the well-established but growing McCann agencies. This will involve working closely with the Client Service team to ensure all finances are being controlled. You will need to be able to provide accurate forecasting of revenue information, providing commentary on variances and managing key KPI’s. Commercial Finance
• Be responsible for and challenge the accuracy of Phasings, Variance analysis and the Revenue figures, ensure these are prepared consistently in line with MCM guidelines, take ownership of these figures & ensure they are submitted to the Senior Client Finance Manager in a timely manner so they can be consolidated for Group purposes in line with agreed timelines.
• Promote and have regular catch up meetings with the Agency Client Service teams to review the progress of all projects and ensure all finances are being controlled.
• Review and ensure all the Management Information produced for the agency is accurate and provided in a timely manner to both the SLT and Senior Client Finance Manager.
• Ensure all key KPI's are on track for the full year, ensure corrective action is put in place if there are any issues and flag to the Senior Client finance Manager any issues in a timely manner
• Promote and have regular catch up meetings with the Senior Client Finance Manager to ensure all know risks and current developments are flagged.
• Responsibility for ensuring all McCann Agencies operates in line with MCM Financial procedures by reviewing the training needs and processes and assist in training and support as required to the commercial team
• Lead the review of financial training needs across the Group and working with the aligned Project Accounts team member ensure training is provided to promote financial awareness.
Month-end Project Accounting:
• Responsible for the calculations of revenue for one of our legal entities ensuring all checks are in line with IPG Revenue policy to ensure accurate Revenue reporting.
• Reconciliation of revenue tracking to the General ledgers.
• Completion of monthly balance sheet revenue related reconciliations for IPG reporting.
• Shared Revenue Calculation and journals.
• Creation and review on WIP aging.
• Responsible for the timely submission and maintenance of the IPG Revenue CSA’s system and Hyperion schedules.
• Responsible for the collection/processing and monthly review of Project Accruals.
• IPG revenue Variance Analysis. • Any other ad hoc schedules/reports as required.
General Finance Duties:
• Review of management information before publication
• Communicate effectively within the finance team and ensure transparency with key finance contacts to help drive consistency of approach, fostering inclusion and Finance team cohesion
• Providing support for the Project Accounts team where required and assist in holiday cover for the Senior Client Finance Manager
• To achieve the above in accordance with defined and agreed deadlines and budgets
• Efficiently manage competing projects
• Alert colleagues to any potential problems in a timely manner
• Assist in collating and checking information for internal and external auditors
• Communicate effectively with MCM and McCann colleagues and company contacts
• Follow MCM style guidelines and procedures
• Anything else reasonably required
What will you get in return?
Here at McCann Health Medical Communications, we talk about Careers, Not Jobs. When we talk about careers, not jobs, we mean that whilst working at MHMC we want you to experience variety, challenge, opportunity, personal and professional development, progression and success. We also offer an industry leading benefits package including profit related bonus, flexible approach to working, flexible time off policy, life assurance and summer and winter events which always go down well.
If you aspire to excel at your job and develop your career in a dynamic and caring medical communications agency, apply now!
We want you to have every opportunity to shine and show us your talents – please let us know if there is anything we can do to make sure the assessment process works for you.