We are currently looking for an Account Manage to be based in our downtown Chicago office. Our ideal candidate will proactively and effectively manage and deliver a full scope of medical communications products and services for our clients.
In order to be considered for this role, the successful applicant will need to have relevant agency experience and a solid, proven track record of managing and delivering multiple projects across accounts, to budget, and within agreed timelines.
Core responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead and motivate internal project teams and provide regular feedback on performance directly to both Account Director and to individual line managers.
- Manage resources, activities, and timelines to ensure project completion on time and on budget.
- Liaise with client and account team to define project specifications and budgets.
- Manage project financials, including regular monitoring of projects for out of scope work.
- Prepare for, attend and actively participate in client meetings, and be available to provide on-site support at client or congress meetings, as needed.
- Establish positive long-term relationships with the client teams, acting as a primary point of contact according to the requirements of the account.
- Contribute to the development of account plan forecasts in liaison with senior colleagues, including ongoing monitoring and tracking of progress to achieve forecasts.
- Identify opportunities for organic growth within assigned accounts.
- Define, negotiate and manage all issues flagged by internal team and/or client.
This position requires a person with a high energy level, strong written and verbal communications and comfortable interfacing with clients. This position requires the ability to multitask and manage multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities. In addition the following skills are needed:
- Strong work ethic and a positive, can-do attitude
- Adept at building relationships and working in a team environment with proven track record of sharing ideas, providing encouragement, building on other's ideas, giving due appreciation and bringing out the best in others
- Client oriented with focus on both client expectations and company success
- Solution oriented
- Sound judgment and reasoning
- A clever and curious mind, a courageous and committed heart
- Bachelor's degree or greater
- 3-5 years agency or pharma experience (preferably in medical communications)
- Microsoft Office proficient (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Certified Medical Publication Professional a plus
We value a "can-do" attitude in our employees, and in return we offer an excellent remuneration and benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(K) with a Company match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Health Care Spending Account, Dependent Spending Account, Transit Program, Paid Time Off, 10+ holidays per calendar year, Employee & Family Leave, and more. Our highly skilled teams reflect our continuing commitment to being an employer of choice as well as a provider of choice.
Complete HealthVizion enjoys an excellent location based along Chicago's Magnificent Mile. We are accessible via mass transit and steps away from shopping, dining, public transportation, and public parking. Who says a lunch break can't be productive?
If you are passionate about excelling at medical communications account management and want to make a real impact, then this opportunity could be just right for you!
We welcome applicants with disabilities. We comply with federal and state disability laws and make reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, and you wish to ask, please contact the HR team at +1 201 561 8637. We are McCann Health, one of the most awarded global healthcare communications networks. We believe that Diversity and Inclusion are foundational to achieving our mission – to help our client’s brands and businesses play a meaningful role in people’s lives. We view diversity as a business imperative that, when incorporated into all agency practices, becomes a competitive advantage, driving growth and organizational sustainability. As we position ourselves for a future of increased competition and disruption, we’re accelerating beyond merely acknowledging differences. Our philosophy is that consistent practices and deliberate actions that foster an inclusive culture, unleash the creative power of our talent and our work. We call this Conscious Inclusion.