Consulting at McCann Health, is a leading global consultancy specialising in Evidence, Value & Access and Commercial Strategy, with offices in London, Macclesfield and Manchester. We work with global clients in leading pharmaceutical, healthcare and biotechnology companies and provide a positive working environment for our staff.
We are incredibly proud of the work we produce for our clients, which makes us equally as proud of the highly talented and hard-working individuals that make up the CMH team – a group of high performing and collaborative individuals working toward the common goal of scientific and strategic excellence.
We are looking for a Senior Medical Writer specializing in Market Access to work on a variety of scientific evidence documents and payer value communications materials. The role encompasses technical writing, together with reviewing and guiding the work of other team members.
The successful applicant will need to demonstrate the right blend of technical writing expertise, experience producing high-quality written communications, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to liaise directly and effectively with clients and clinical experts.
In this role you will:
• Provide editorial excellence, producing clear, accurate, grammatically correct and creative written work on a variety of therapeutic areas appropriate to each project brief
• Act as a source of product / therapy area expertise within CMH and for our clients
• Produce the full range of written communications in accordance with the needs of each client and target audience. Typical assignments include NICE submissions, Health Technology Assessment submissions, systematic literature reviews, RWE protocols, publications, value proposition and value messages, global value dossiers and value communications materials
• Effectively lead specific projects and brief members of the project team, to ensure clear understanding of time allocation, target audiences and client’s key messages
• Review written outputs for structure, scientific accuracy and creativity, and ensure consistency with the client’s objectives and expectations, for each client assignment
• Liaise effectively with clients and opinion leaders / key thought leaders, acting as a point of contact according to the requirements of the account
• Contribute to troubleshooting / questions from clients and opinion leaders to ensure continuing good relationships
Applicants must have a life science degree (ideally a PhD) and previous scientific writing experience. A proven track record in market access communications is essential, along with the ability to co-ordinate the delivery of editorial projects and to provide scientific excellence across a number of accounts and therapy areas.
CMH is a close-knit group and we value collaboration, openness and creative thinking in our team. We look for these qualities in new applicants, in addition to a positive can-do attitude, the ability to work autonomously and to ensure attention to detail. In addition, this role provides opportunity to work with a wide variety of global Pharmaceutical, healthcare and biotech clients, therefore broadening individual experience through many interesting project types.
The position will be based in either our London or Macclesfield offices and we offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package.
Please only apply for this role if you are eligible to work in the UK.
Please click 'apply for this job' below.
At McCann Health Medical Communications, we welcome applicants with disabilities. Please advise us of any support needs you have at interview stage.