Consulting at McCann Health, part of McCann Health Medical Communications, brings together a unique combination of skills to provide both clinical and commercial clarity for our clients in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industry, helping to create a clear understanding of opportunities to help drive strategic thinking at each critical stage in a product life cycle. We deliver projects globally and have offices to support delivery in London, Macclesfield and Manchester.
The Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) practice consists of a growing team of dedicated health economic experts who specialise in economic modelling, evidence generation, HTA preparation and HEOR communication activities. We provide innovative, evidence-based and integrated solutions to optimise the value strategy and meet the commercial imperatives of our clients. We work with a wide range of leading pharmaceutical and healthcare partners, both at a global and local level and across a broad scope of therapy areas. We are now looking to hire a Senior Consultant to provide additional consultancy support to the HEOR team.
• Conduct high quality economic evaluations which inform strategic and product commercialisation for our clients; in particular, economic modelling, evidence generation and value/HTA dossier development.
• Provide quality assurance and review of key deliverables on client projects
• Provide visible, motivational and decisive leadership to client project team members, providing support, guidance and insight on client and project issues
• Act as day-to-day point of contact for client, liaise with clients and external health economic experts to identify client needs and ensure project team delivers the appropriate output
• Effectively manage own time and multiple projects to successfully deliver on time and on budget; Ensure best practice financial management across clients and projects.
• Coach and support junior team members to deliver high quality outputs
• Begin to build strong, long-term relationships with key customers in client organisations; Proactively work with HEOR colleagues as part of a client account team, and undertake business development activities, including pitches and proposals.
• Strengthen our network of HEOR and Market Access KOLs
This position provides an excellent opportunity to work with global client teams, across a full spectrum of HEOR outputs. Furthermore, as part of the Consulting at McCann Health team, the successful candidate will work alongside to help our clients make the right decisions.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Post-graduate degree (MSc, PhD or equivalent) in Health Economics or related discipline
• Previous experience in industry or consultancy/agency role
• Demonstrable technical and economic modelling experience (including but not limited to cost-effectiveness analyses, budget impact analyses, development of payer tools, meta-analysis, real-world evidence analysis)
• Strong project management and leadership experience with excellent written/verbal communication skills
• Ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams
• Proficiency with MS Excel and MS Office Suite (Word, Powerpoint)
• Business development experience (e.g. proposal writing) is desirable
• Experience with statistical software (e.g. WinBUGS, SAS, Stata, R) is desirable)
We are a close-knit group and value collaboration, openness and creative thinking in our team. We look for these qualities in a candidate, in addition to a positive can-do attitude, the ability to work autonomously and attention to detail.
The position will be based in either our London, Macclesfield or Manchester office and we offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package.
Please only apply for this role if you are eligible to work in the UK.
Please click 'apply for this job' below.