CMC Affinity are looking for an experienced publication professional to manage an exciting and growing publications account. Our global business has grown significantly during the last few years, allowing us to continue to build our strong team. The Scientific Team Leader role in one of our offices is a key leadership role with responsibility for managing the publication plan, day-to-day client liaison, high-quality project delivery, and mentoring / coaching Scientific Services team members on an account. We would also consider candidates at this level who would like to be based remotely.
We require a dedicated individual who can draw on their medical writing experience and publications leadership skills to motivate, inspire, innovate and guide clients and team members. Applicants will manage the full range of high-quality medical communication services, effectively balancing elements of project management and publications leadership with the flexibility to carry out writing and editing at peak times.
We believe this is an excellent opportunity for someone to develop professionally and demonstrate their passion for publications.
Core responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Be the source of scientific understanding on the account, while having a flair for attention to market and commercial aspects of an account
• Lead, coach and motivate account/project teams; share best practices, provide support and guidance to team members on client and project issues
• Build strong relationships with clients, acting as the primary point of contact for projects
• Challenge traditional thinking and innovate to meet expectations
• Support organic growth, new business and new ideas
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and attributes:
• An advanced science degree is required; experience in diabetes is beneficial, but not essential
• Several years of experience as a medical writer working on publications
• Broad medical communication skills to help across the business
• Experience leading projects and reviewing the work of medical writers, with the aim of ensuring high quality and professional growth
• Ability to think, solve problems and build great relationships
• Excellent quality control, time management, project management and briefing / reviewing skills
CMC Affinity is part of McCann Health. We provide a wide variety of class-leading medical communications services to the pharmaceutical and biotech industries and work on some of the most exciting pharmaceutical agents globally, while providing a positive work environment for our staff. Our mission is to breathe life into science by translating evidence into credible, meaningful communications that are trusted by our clients and their customers.
We value a can-do attitude in our employees, and in return, we offer an excellent remuneration and benefits package.