CMC CONNECT is a leading global medical communications agency established 25 years ago, and is part of McCann Health. We have offices in Macclesfield, Manchester and Glasgow in the UK, and Hackensack, NJ and Radnor, PA in the USA. We work on some of the most innovative global healthcare products from early development through to post-launch, and we are extremely proud of the work we produce for our clients through our talented individuals and hardworking, high-energy, collaborative teams.
We are incredibly proud of the work we produce for our clients - which makes us incredibly proud of the highly talented and hard-working individuals that make up CMC Connect. We are a team of high performing and collaborative individuals working toward the common goal of scientific excellence no matter the assignment.
We are now looking for a Senior Medical Writer, to be based in Glasgow, Macclesfield, Manchester or home to work on a variety of medical communications materials for print and digital media. The ideal candidate will have breadth as well as depth of experience in medical writing. You will be able to demonstrate your excellence writing for abstracts, posters, manuscripts in addition to broader experience writing across other medical communications tactics (e.g. scientific platforms and narratives, lexicons, clinical slide decks, medical education and more).
For the Senior Medical Writer role you will need the right blend of skills to produce high-quality communications, and the ability to liaise directly and effectively with clients and clinical experts.
In this role you will:
• Strive to achieve editorial excellence, producing clear, accurate, grammatically correct and creative written work on a variety of therapeutic areas appropriate to the project brief
• Produce the full range of written communications items in accordance with the needs of the client, target audience, target publication medium, level of design/creativity
• Proactively contribute creative ideas, concepts or suggestions to provide added value to projects
• Effectively brief members of the project team, including time allocations, target audiences and client's key messages
• Lead specific projects, providing guidance to team members on client and project issues
• Actively contribute to client/opinion leader meetings and facilitate these meeting as required
• Monitor project costs against agreed budgets and notify Account Managers of any changes to specification
Applicants must have a life science degree (preferably a PhD) and previous writing experience. A proven track record in medical communications is essential, along with the ability to co-ordinate the delivery of editorial projects and to provide scientific excellence across a number of accounts and therapy areas.
We are looking for someone who is:
• Responsive and quick thinking
We offer careers not just jobs, continuously fulfilling our commitment to invest in our team members and met their professional development needs. We build roles around the strengths and aspirations of our staff and in doing so have become an employer of choice for over 100 employees worldwide.
The wide variety of clients we work with allows our staff to broaden their experience through multiple and exciting project types. We are exceptionally proud of our company culture; we support and respect our team members, offer great work-life balance solutions and we empower individuals to learn, grow and develop, all in a free-thinking environment of innovation and ideas.
For more information please contact: HR-MMC@McCann.com
At McCann Health Medical Communications, we welcome applicants with disabilities. Please advise us of any support needs you have at interview stage.