CMC Connect, part of McCann Health, is a leading global medical communications agency established 25 years ago. We have UK-based offices in Glasgow, Macclesfield and Manchester, and a US-based office in Radnor, PA. We work on some of the most innovative global healthcare products from early development through to post-launch, and we are incredibly proud of the work we produce for our clients through our highly talented individuals and hardworking, high-energy and collaborative teams.
We are now looking for Senior Medical Writers to work on a variety of medical communications materials in Glasgow, Macclesfield and Manchester (or from home). The ideal candidates will have a wide range of experience in medical writing. You will be able to demonstrate excellence in medical writing across a variety of medical communications projects (e.g. scientific communication platforms and narratives, clinical slide decks, meetings, publications, medical education and more).
For the Senior Medical Writer role, you will need the right blend of skills to produce high-quality communications, and the ability to liaise directly and effectively with both clients and clinical experts.
In this role, you will:
• Strive to achieve editorial and scientific excellence by producing clear, accurate, and grammatically correct written work on a variety of therapeutic areas, which are appropriate to the project brief.
• Produce a full range of written communications deliverables for the required audience, agreed publication medium and stated level of design/creativity, in accordance with the needs of the client.
• Proactively contribute innovative ideas, concepts and suggestions to provide added value to projects.
• Effectively brief members of the project team, including on time allocations, for appropriate audiences and clinical messages.
• Take the lead on specific projects, guiding team members on client and project issues.
• Actively contribute to client/investigator meetings and facilitate these meetings as required.
• Monitor project costs against agreed budgets and notify Account Managers of any changes to the specifications.
Applicants must have a life science degree (preferably a PhD) and previous writing experience. A proven track record in medical communications is essential, along with the ability to coordinate the delivery of editorial projects and to provide scientific excellence across several accounts and therapy areas. Experience in gene therapy, immuno-oncology/oncology, migraine and multiple sclerosis would be advantageous but is not essential.
We are looking for someone who is:
• Responsive and quick thinking
At CMC Connect, we offer careers not just jobs, continuously fulfilling our commitment to investing in our team members and meeting their professional development needs; in doing so we have become an employer of choice for more than 100 employees worldwide. The wide variety of clients we work with allows our staff to broaden their experience through multiple and exciting project types. We are exceptionally proud of our company culture; we support and respect our team members, offer great work-life balance solutions, and empower individuals to learn, grow and develop, all in a free-thinking environment of innovation and ideas.
At McCann Health Medical Communications, we welcome applicants with disabilities. We want you to have every opportunity to shine and show us your talents – please let us know if there is anything we can do to make sure the assessment process works for you.