CMC Connect, part of McCann Health Medical Communications, is a leading global medical communications agency with offices in the UK and US. We work with global and domestic teams from many leading pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies and provide a positive working environment for our staff.
We are incredibly proud of the work we produce for our clients - which makes us incredibly proud of the highly talented and hard-working individuals that make up CMC Connect. We are a team of high performing and collaborative individuals working toward the common goal of scientific excellence no matter the assignment.
We are now looking for a Senior Medical Writer in our Radnor office to work on a variety of medical communications materials for print and digital media. The ideal candidate will have breadth as well as depth of experience in medical writing. You will be able to demonstrate your excellence writing for abstracts, posters, manuscripts in addition to broader experience writing across other medical communications tactics (e.g. scientific platforms and narratives, lexicons, clinical slide decks, medical education and more).
For the Senior Medical Writer role you will need the right blend of skills to produce high-quality communications, and the ability to liaise directly and effectively with clients and clinical experts.
In this role you will:
- Strive to achieve editorial excellence, producing clear, accurate, grammatically correct and creative written work on a variety of therapeutic areas appropriate to the project brief
- Produce the full range of written communications items in accordance with the needs of the client, target audience, target publication medium, level of design/creativity
- Proactively contribute creative ideas, concepts or suggestions to provide added value to projects
- Effectively brief members of the project team, including time allocations, target audiences and client's key messages
- Lead specific projects, providing guidance to team members on client and project issues
- Actively contribute to client/opinion leader meetings and facilitate these meeting as required
- Monitor project costs against agreed budgets and notify Account Managers of any changes to specification
Applicants must have a life science degree (preferably a PhD) and previous writing experience. A proven track record in medical communications is essential, along with the ability to co-ordinate the delivery of editorial projects and to provide scientific excellence across a number of accounts and therapy areas.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Responsive and quick thinking
We offer careers not just jobs, continuously fulfilling our commitment to invest in our team members and met their professional development needs. We build roles around the strengths and aspirations of our staff and in doing so have become an employer of choice for over 100 employees worldwide. The wide variety of clients we work with allows our staff to broaden their experience through multiple and exciting project types. We are exceptionally proud of our company culture; we support and respect our team members, offer great work-life balance solutions and we empower individuals to learn, grow and develop, all in a free-thinking environment of innovation and ideas.
We welcome applicants with disabilities. We comply with federal and state disability laws and make reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, and you wish to ask, please contact the HR team at +1 201 561 8637.