Recruiting for an Autumn 2020 start date
McCann Health Metdical Communicaions is a leading global medical communications agency. We work on some of the most innovative global healthcare products from early development through to post-launch, while providing a supportive and engaging working environment for our staff.
For the Senior Medical Writer role, you will need the right blend of skills to produce high-quality communications, and the ability to liaise directly and effectively with clients and clinical experts. Applicants must have a life science degree (preferably a PhD) and previous writing experience. A proven track record in medical communications is essential, along with the ability to co-ordinate the delivery of editorial projects and to provide scientific excellence across a number of accounts and therapy areas.
In this role, you will:
• Strive to achieve editorial excellence, producing clear, accurate, grammatically correct and creative written work on a variety of therapeutic areas appropriate to the project brief
• Produce the full range of written communications items in accordance with the needs of the client, target audience, target publication medium, level of design/creativity
• Proactively contribute creative ideas, concepts or suggestions to provide added value to projects
• Effectively brief members of the project team, including time allocations, target audiences and client's key messages
• Lead specific projects, providing guidance to team members on client and project issues
• Actively contribute to client/opinion leader meetings and facilitate these meeting as required
• Monitor project costs against agreed budgets and notify Account Managers of any changes to specification
In return we offer an excellent remuneration and benefits package and provide long-term choice and development that supports and encourages our editorial staff to progress their medical writing career. Our highly skilled teams reflect our continuing commitment to being an employer of choice as well as a provider of choice.
If you are passionate about excelling at your job and developing your career in a dynamic and caring medical communications agency, please apply by clicking the link below.
We are McCann Health, one of the most awarded global healthcare communications networks. We believe that Diversity and Inclusion are foundational to achieving our mission – to help our client’s brands and businesses play a meaningful role in people’s lives. We view diversity as a business imperative that, when incorporated into all agency practices, becomes a competitive advantage, driving growth and organizational sustainability. As we position ourselves for a future of increased competition and disruption, we’re accelerating beyond merely acknowledging differences. Our philosophy is that consistent practices and deliberate actions that foster an inclusive culture, unleash the creative power of our talent and our work. We call this Conscious Inclusion.